Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A letter from Senator Bill Nelson, just hot air AGAIN

   Thank you for sharing your views on the Federal budget.  I have long been committed to getting Federal spending under control, going back to my support for a balanced budget in the 1980s.  
 
     It is important that we look at all areas of Federal spending to find new ways to reduce the nation’s nearly $14 trillion debt. That’s why I recently voted in support of a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, and voted to ban earmarks for three years. Furthermore, I am a cosponsor to the Reduce Unnecessary Spending Act (S.102), which would establish a streamlined procedure for Congress to vote on discretionary spending cuts proposed by the President, much like a line-item veto.
 
     While I support reasonable cuts to discretionary spending, it is clear that we cannot balance our budget through discretionary spending cuts alone. That’s why I am pressing my colleagues to support a comprehensive approach to deficit reduction that not only eliminates duplicative programs, but also reduces extraneous procurements and phases-out unnecessary and outdated tax breaks that only benefit a few large corporations. Furthermore, we must continue efforts to curb the fraud that plagues programs like Medicare and Medicaid, which costs taxpayers billions.
 
Ultimately, I believe if we come together in a good-faith effort, and let go of partisan posturing, we can enact responsible solutions to our fiscal situation, and at the same time, ensure economic opportunity for the middle class.
 
     I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter. As the Senate considers appropriations bills and measures to reduce the deficit, I will work to ensure that Federal spending reflects the values and priorities of Floridians. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.
 
                                   Sincerely,
                                   Senator Bill Nelson
There is nothing in this about reducing military spending, and giving tax breaks to the ones ,that need it ,YOU AND ME.we work hard and like to keep what is ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment