If we measured price inflation the way we did in 1979, it would be at 9.6%. http://www.cnbc.com/id/
And it's still 5.5%, even by the new measurements.
This is NOT the result of choices by free individuals in a free market. It's the DIRECT result of the Federal Reserve's legalized counterfeiting -- what they call "quantitative easing."
The value of each dollar falls as the Fed creates more of them. This is theft.
* The elderly see their savings evaporate
* People with low incomes find it harder to pay their bills
This is the Federal State's fault, and it's up to you to fix it. You can do so by co-sponsoring H.R. 1098, the Free Competition in Currency Act. This bill will . . .
* Abolish the legal tender law that compels people to accept Federal Reserve notes as payment for debts
* Allow individuals and businesses to choose their form of money, including gold and silver
* Prohibit federal and state taxes, such as capital gains, on precious metal coins and bullion, thereby allowing these things to serve as currency
The Fed won't dilute its dollar when it's confronted by fair competition from private currencies. Prices will stabilize. Boom and bust cycles will end.
Ending the Fed's money monopoly would be a huge step toward a nation, and a world, of peace, prosperity, and freedom. Please support H.R. 1098.